Emma Larkins over at her blog, Emma Larkins, Emerging Author, tagged me with the Six Things You Didn’t Know About Me meme. (By the way, when you read her post, check out her #3 thing you didn’t know about her.)
Let’s see, I’ve done this meme before, I’ve been blogging for two years and I’ve been doing my newsletter, Doing It Write, for nine years. Is there anything you don’t know about me already?
1. I have a picture of me in graduate school doing a reading. I’m dressed in black hot pants and wearing black suede lace-up knee high boots. My daughter was shocked to see that picture.
2. In high school, I wrote and performed in the school VOE play – I played the rabbit hopping around mumbling, I’m late, I’m late, for a very important interview. The play was a hit at lunchtime.
3. I’m been an extra in several movies. I usually played the woman in the back of the courtroom.
4. Somewhere I have two postcards from my mermaid days. One of me on top of the submarine and one of me perched on the volcano. Some may think that being able to drink and eat underwater and swim in a mermaid tail are what made me famous. It was actually swimming with Ralph the Pig.
5. There was not a Ralph THE Pig. There were several pigs. Each Ralph rested and did not swim two shows in a row. The human swimmers did, though. One time the show was expecting a huge wall of water to come because of rains elsewhere that would be feeding the springs. The swimmers helped to move the pigs to high ground. We moved the swans. We even moved the ducks. We helped move equipment. Then we were told to get in and swim a show. I literally could not see my hand held up in front of my face, the water was so murky.
6. I remember the day JFK was killed. (Yes, I’m that old.) I was in elementary school. They called us all into the cafeteria where the TV was on. The teachers were crying and they eventually dismissed us. I walked home, climbed into a tree near the house, and wrote Blue Moon Fairy stories.
And that’s it, folks. I have no more secrets. Well, actually one more from my mermaid days, but I’m not telling.
I hereby tag:
Mark Troy of Hawaiian Eye: Crime in Paradise
LJ Sellers at Write First, Clean Later
Susan Cooke at Sanctuary Home
(Susan has several blogs. I chose this one so you’d go see this site. Just looking at the opening picture will calm you. If that doesn’t work, listen to the music. I sometimes leave her site up just to listen.)
Okay, Mark, L.J. and Susan – tell us something we don’t know. And then tag other friends.
3 weeks ago