Another good thing about the Honest Scrap Award is it’s fairly easy to pass along. Here are the rules:
The award rules are simple - pass the award to seven worthy bloggers who post from the heart, and list ten honest things about yourself.I’m going to make an addendum to the rules:
You don’t have to pass it along, unless you want to, but you do have to list 10 honest things about yourself.I added the caveat because last week I passed on awards to 17 people and I’m tagging some of the same ones again.
Seven Fabulous Bloggers who Post From the Heart:
Lisa Gurney of My Life As a Daughter
Tabitha Bird of books, bubs and writing blabber
Sylvia Dickey Smith of Lessons to Live By
Karen Walker of Karen…following the whispers
Patricia Stoltey of Patricia Stoltey
Christina Rodriguez of Christiina Rodriguez
Elspeth Antonelli of It’s a Mystery
And now for 10 honest things about me (really, I’m being honest):
1. I’m not nearly as observant as I think I am. I read mysteries. I write mysteries. And yet when the neighborhood burglar apparently knocked on my door this week, I talked to him and paid so little attention to him that the only information I was able to give the police was that he had no license plate on the front of his car.
2. I really hate to shop. I inherited my miserly ways from my dad.
3. I’m more like my dad than my mother which is odd since my parents divorced when I was three and I grew up in a house of all women.
4. The older I get, the more content I am.
5. I have more close women friends now than at any point in my life.
6. I got an email from Bob Phillips recently. He’s famous on TV as the Texas Country Reporter. He may interview me for his documentary on 50 years of Aquarena Springs. (Not my 50 years, mind you. I only swam there three.)
7. I’m not going to be able to compete in next year’s Olympics. My left knee has been bothering me so much I was having trouble going up and down stairs. Physical therapy wasn’t working. So my doctor decided I should go on one round of what he called giant hormones because he felt the knee was inflamed. I’m 7 days into the treatment and just found out “giant hormones” is code for steroids. Now I’ll never pass the pee test for the 1500 meter relay swim. Dang.
8. I’ve discovered I like writing nonfiction. Never would have thunk it. But from the first book I did for TSTC Publishing, TechCareers: Automotive Technicians, to the fourth I’ve been asked to write (although have not been given the topic yet), I’ve enjoyed the interviewing, the researching and the writing.
9. I’m adjusting. To treating my kids as adults, which they now are. To my husband officing out of the house. To sitting at the computer all day.
10. I do not like to argue or debate or get involved in conflict. I have my own political beliefs, but keep them to myself (husband excepted). I usually take on the role of mediator in tense situations. If pushed, I won’t take up the gauntlet. My son, however, loves to argue. Not necessarily with me, just debate in general. Whatever side you take, he’ll take the opposite. And win.
That’s it. Honest. That’s all my scrap. So, please visit the blogs I recommend and find out their Honest Scrap.