1 month ago
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Well, this is it -- 2012 is almost over.
What plans do you have for the new year? Have you set your goals? I hope at least one of them involves writing or publishing (and maybe both). But don't focus your goals on just writing, publishing and promotion. Those things are important, of course, but set another goal or two.
I'm still working on my list of 2013 goals, but here are a few on my list:
1. Continue to walk. Lengthen walk from 4 miles to 5, possibly 6, each day.
2. Publish Dismembering the Past.
3. Finish second book in the Hallie McAllister PI series.
4. Remember to wear my new FitBit One that my daughter gave me. It tracks steps, distance, stairs, and calories burned. It can even wake me silently. And it wirelessly uploads to my PC. Woot-woot! More plotting while I walk the park.
5. Post on this blog more often. Now that I have an Author Facebook page, I've slacked off on blogging. (So much that an author friend emailed to ask if I was okay.)
6. Somehow fit into a book the plot point of wind blowing so hard that it blows off the roof of a house. (We're near that after two days of wind. We've got shingles all over the ground.)
So, what are your goals? Have you starting thinking about the upcoming year?