Saturday, June 16, 2012

Angel Sometimes is Free

I've scheduled my book, Angel Sometimes, to be free this weekend on Amazon. I hope every single one of you will go download it to your Kindle or Kindle app. (Don't have an eReader? You can get a Kindle app for your pc!) Amazon has a page with all the different gadgets you can use to read Kindle books on.

I would describe Angel Sometimes as women's fiction, but you guys can read it, too. Especially if you want to know more about swimming as a mermaid, which should be quite a few of you since I keep getting calls for more Mermaid Tales. This is a rather long mermaid tale since Angel swims at a bar/restaurant. Even my husband is reading it and he's a diehard Thriller/Suspense reader.

Here's a teaser for Angel Sometimes:
Angel Sometimes has a plan. Go home to ask her mother why she loved her one day, then threw her out like garbage the next.

Just before her thirteenth birthday, Angel was taken 800 miles from her home in Oklahoma, given $50 and left on South Padre Island, Texas. Four years later, Angel started the trek into her past. She hitchhiked to Austin and got a job swimming as a mermaid in a bar in the music district. At twenty-two, she has friends, a place to live, and a future. When a homeless girl is beaten and a waitress killed, Angel realizes she will never be whole until she confronts her parents.

It's time to quit planning and go home. To do that, she needs three things: her high school diploma, a car and a gun. She has a car. She’s finished her final test for her GED. The only thing she needs is the gun and she knows where to get one.
Tell all your friends to take advantage of this weekend's Angel Sometimes giveaway. If you read Angel Sometimes and like it, I would very much appreciate it if you wrote a review and posted it on Amazon.

14 comments:

  1. I hope you get tons of downloads and reviews. It's a terrific story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura. This is the first time I've offered it for free, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I've just downloaded it onto my new Kindle. I just can't wait to read it. Thank you for making it free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to download this! Huzzah - a long mermaid tale, er tail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seven chapters in! Might stay up all night but I can't - have to sleep - wow, it is so good! I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've got an extra space I think at the end of your amazon link; i had to delete some symbols to get to the page....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much, Chris. I'll see if I can correct that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having a few issues downloading Kindle books to my iPhone & desktop Kindle account, but I do have "Angel Sometimes" on my Amazon wishlist, waiting to be read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on publishing your book. Do you have it in print form? I still haven't taken the plunge to read books electronically.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen .. I know I've missed the deadline .. but I'll get your book sometime soon ..it's great that you've published and are out there .. good luck with sales etc .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...