Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday’s Visual Writing Prompt

Last Sunday, I started this thread of posting pictures I’ve taken that some of you might want to use as a visual writing prompt. I thought I’d do it again. Last week it was a picture of a red leaved tree in our backyard.

Today, it’s flowers. Specifically, flowers growing on the arbor leading to our garden.

My husband likes to garden. I like to pick tomatoes. First he built a three-level garden. Then he built the arbor, including a wonderful bench to sit on. He planted trumpet vines and has been training them to grow up and over the top. Each year, we get more flowers. They don’t last long, but they’re spectacular. This year, he’s putting in a sink in the garden and I’m composting.



But enough about what we’re doing. Here’s a close-up of some of our Spring flowers.
TweetIt from HubSpot

6 comments:

  1. Fortuitous. I am fleshing out an idea for a revamped Beauty & the Beast horror tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Okay, I'm not even going to ask which one of us, me or my husband, inspired this redo of Beauty and the Beast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm a gardener myself, and often get inspiritation for writing from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My version of gardening is watching the flowerbeds with curiousity each spring, because I never know what might appear!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvin, I don't know that nature inspires me to write, although it's good to be able to see something I'm describing in a book. But I am drawn to take pictures of nature more than of people. Trees especially.

    I know what you mean, Diane. Our garden is both vegetables and flowers. The daffodils come up every year, but the husband tends to move stuff around from year to year, so I'm not sure what will appear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden sounds wonderful, Helen! I enjoy a lovely garden so much, and the beauty of nature definitely inspires my writing. Thanks for sharing the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...