The nine authors who’ve each written a chapter are:
• Richard McCann, author of the autobiographical novel Mother of SorrowsI recently heard from Genna Mazor with Channel V Media who said Lexus is inviting writers to submit their 1,000-word ending to the cross-country adventure story. The best ending will be featured in the next issue of the magazine.
• Curtis Sittenfeld, author of bestselling novel Prep and The Man of My Dreams
• Brian Antoni, author of Paradise Overdose and contributor to Naked Came the Manatee
• Bob Shacochis, National Book Award winner and author of Easy in the Islands, The Next New World and Swimming in the Volcano
• Pam Houston, author of Cowboys Are My Weakness, Waltzing the Cat and Sight Hound
• Robert Ferrigno, author of the bestselling Horse Latitudes, The Wake-Up and Prayers for the Assassin
• Mary Otis, author of Yes, Yes, Cherries
• Jane Smiley, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of A Thousand Acres and Ten Days in the Hills
• Arthur Phillips, National Book Award winner and author of Prague, The Egyptologist, and Angelica
So, here’s the deal…you can go read the story as it is now and if you like it and think you know how to end it all, then give it a try. Submit your conclusion to “In the Belly of the Beast” and see if you’ll win and make it into the magazine. But you’ll have to write fast. Lexus magazine is taking submissions only until November 16.
If you decide to enter, leave a comment and let us know so we can be rooting for you.