Friday, July 25, 2008

Bookmark It!: MedlinePlus

Got a character with a medical problem? Or maybe you need to give a character a medical problem? And you don’t have a sister who’s a doctor that you can turn to for answers. Check out MedlinePlus.

You can count on getting good information from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, whether it’s a medical term you need defined or a whether it’s the possible symptoms of someone who’s eaten potpourri. Maybe you’ve got a detective who’s got bursitis in his right hip and doesn’t like doctors. What might he do to treat it?

Got a medical question – or your character does – Medline Plus is a good place to start your research.

2 comments:

  1. Helen, I came to your blog from Blogbooktours, then your website, then your blog. Enjoyed the trip. :-)

    Also enjoyed the interview with Diane Fanning.

    I added your blog to my blog roll, and, if you are so inclined, I would appreciate a link back.

    And finally, do you live in Texas? Noted your reference to Dolly. I am in East Texas, so we have had no impact from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryann. I'm in central Texas. The downpour we got yesterday was it for us. But we were glad to get it. We're in severe drought. Incidentally, I love east TX -- got relatives in the northern part.

    Thank you for the link. I'm going to visit your site now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...