Friday, April 11, 2008

Literary Agent’s Blog

The blog I’m highlighting this week is “Nathan Bransford – Literary Agent.” Bransford is an agent with the Curtis Brown agency in their San Francisco office.

He gives advice and even sometimes asks for advice. He’s not as snarky as Miss Snark. Of course, Miss Snark is probably not even Her Snarkiness anymore. I suspect that after she retired her blog, she underwent an exorcism and spent a month at a recuperative spa. I still miss her, but Branson does have his moments:
I'm sorry people, but I still can't answer your follow-up e-mails. I can't tell you how to fix your manuscript, can't tell you how to fix your query, can't recommend other agents.

He represents a fairly wide range of subjects:
I'm particularly interested in literary fiction, mysteries and suspense, historical fiction, narrative nonfiction, business, history, sports, politics, current events, young adult fiction, science fiction and anything else I happen to like! I'm afraid I do not represent poetry or screenplays.

If you might be interested in querying him, it’s a good idea to spend some time reading his blog. If you’re not interested in contacting him, it’s still not a bad idea to listen to an agent and find out what that species thinks and does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...