Okay, here’s a press release worth reading – and you can do it online. Scott Lorenz, President of Westwind Communications, gives his list of his favorite books on marketing your book.
I’m going to give you the list here, but you’ll want to go read his article to get all the details so you can decide for yourself if you want to buy, check out or borrow any of them.
1. Plug Your Book! Online Book Marketing for Authors by Steve Weber
2. PyroMarketing by Greg Stielstra
3. The Web-Savvy Writer: Book Promotion with a High-Tech Twist by Patrice-Anne Rutledge
4. 1001 Ways To Market Your Books by John Kremer
5. Author! Screenwriter! How to Succeed as a Writer in New York and Hollywood by Peter Miller
6. MAXIMUM EXPOSURE Marketing System Book Marketing Training Program for Publishers and Authors by Tami DePalma and Kim Dushinski
7. How to Write, Publish & Sell Your Book and Turn it Into a Never-ending Money Machine by Jim Donovan
8. The 7 Keys To Publishing Success by Eric Kampmann
9. The Insider’s Guide to Large Quantity Book Sales by Jerrold Jenkins
10. Author 101 Bestselling Book Publicity: The Insider's Guide to Promoting Your Book--and Yourself by Rick Frishman
11. Beyond The Bookstore by Brian Jud
12. Book Marketing A-Z by Francine Silverman
Of course, the author of this article and the man recommending these books recommends you read up on marketing your book, but hire a publicist. He is, after all, the president of a public relations firm that specializes in book marketing.
1 week ago