Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Connecting with Readers

While on this trip, I've been meeting relatives. Some I've met before, some cousins I'm just now meeting. So far, great trip.

Somehow, the conversation turns eventually to books -- and I'm not always the one leading it there. We end up talking about favorite authors or books. I'm learning about new authors. I also share my favorite authors. And I have to say those are usually local authors. I think that's because I favor local authors and like to read and support them. So, they end up being ones I recommend.

I have plenty of other authors I recommend, but the ones that I feel I have a personal connection to are the ones I've met or that are friends. This is an important tip for authors out on the promotion circuit. Make your readers feel like they're making a personal connection to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...