Monday, May 28, 2007

The Synopsis as a Class

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Thank you to all service men and women, past and present, who have served this country so valiantly.

I’m back from College Station. Had a good time at the Brazos Writers’ conference. One of the benefits of attending a conference is getting to meet other writers. All the members of the Brazos Writers group weren’t at the conference of course, but I met the ones who were – and they were enthusiastic and fun. I had about 40 people in my workshop and they, also, were enthusiastic. Great questions, interesting comments. And like any conference, those people who “work” the conference, setting up tables and chairs, readying the lunch and snacks, manning the book table, doing the nametags, work hard and are often not thanked. So, thank you to all the members of the Brazos Writers for asking me to speak and for making it a great conference and thank you to all the attendees for making it a great workshop.

I’ve done this workshop on The Synopsis: Four Steps the Ultimate SALES Tool before and each time I wish I had more time. I can present all the information in three hours and have time for Q and A, but it would be nice to have more time for individual and partner writing and more time for sharing and discussing the exercises. I could easily see this as a three or four week class.

Don’t know how many takers I’d get. The synopsis is usually a subject writers try to avoid. After this past weekend, I hope that’s not true for the people who came to the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...