Thursday, December 07, 2006

Facing Out

Happy Thursday. Being out on the road is disconcerting because I lose track of days. I have to check the calendar on my computer to know the day of the week, let alone the date of the month. But here it is, Thursday, and I’m still in Charleston.

One thing I forgot to mention about my trip yesterday to the Books-a-Million store in Columbia, South Carolina … and this is something I would suggest you consider doing … is that I walked the aisles checking for books by friends. I found books by two friends, Susan Wittig Albert and Diane Fanning. I’ll email them both to let them know the store stocks their titles. After finding their books, I also turned a couple of their titles face-out. A book with the cover facing out is more likely to be picked up by a browser than one with only the spine showing.

I’ll mention, also, that last night I had dinner with Ted Turner. Okay, not actually with him. He was in the same restaurant, one table over. But I saw him. As he went to the restroom. And again as he came back. So far this year, I’ve been in close proximity to Ted Turner, James Wood and Denzel Washington. Woo-woo.

Actually, I’m enjoying all the sailboats out my window more than any celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...