Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Websites are a Pain

Websites can be a pain in the butt. Probably any of you who have a website would agree. I’ve had mine up for ten years, I believe. I keep adding to it and I’ve changed the color scheme a time or two. I even reached a point where I organized the archive of articles. But it is really sad looking.

I know that. I can admit it ‘cause I’m the one who did it. I would like for it to be more professional looking. Unfortunately, I don’t know that I have the designer’s “eye” that would be needed to do the job.

I’ve been trying to create a new version of it. I think it definitely looks better, but with the new version of Dreamweaver I’m using, I can’t get it to work like it’s supposed to (it’s hidden behind the current site and has no links to it). And I don’t know html.

So, I’m at the point where I’m ready to delete all the new pages I’ve created and start over. Maybe I’ll have better luck the next go-round.

And for all of you who don’t feel my pain because you don’t have a website, consider putting one up (ignore my whining). Authors need some kind of presence on the web. A great many of them have a website. Some, in addition or in lieu of, have a blog or a MySpace presence. Some have all of that, plus a newsletter and multiple blogs.

You don’t have to do it all. Consider making yourself known in cyberspace, though. Readers like to be able to find out more about authors they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...