Friday, June 27, 2014

Book Review: Chain Reaction by Diane Fanning

This is not the first book by Diane Fanning that I have read. As a matter of fact, I have quite a few of her books on my book shelf. Chain Reaction is the latest in her Lucinda Pierce series.

I like this series. With each book, it's like getting back together with a friend. I like Lucinda.

When a bomb goes off at a high school, two bodies are found in the aftermath. The FBI move in to investigate, but Lucinda, a homicide investigator, doesn't agree with the FBI's theory of what happened. Lucinda begins to investigate on her own. She's not alone, though. She has the backup of her boyfriend, FBI Agent Jake Lovett.

In addition to the bombing, there's a suspicious teacher who's not above soliciting the male students.

I like books with female protagonists. I especially like ones like Lucinda: smart, determined, concerned, involved. The people in Fanning's books come to life. Some of them you'd like to sit down and have coffee with in the morning. Some you'd like to punch. There are no cartoon characters, only ones that are believable and relatable. Ones that you'd like to meet again in another book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...