Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Shrimp and Pesto



Shrimp and Pesto

(Adapted by Judith Newton with permission  from allrecipes.com)
To learn more about Judith, please read her Q&A from yesterday.
 



1 lb linguine pasta
1/2 c butter
2 c heavy cream
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz. pesto
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 T chopped Italian parsley
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 minutes, or until just al dente. Reserve one cup of pasta water and then drain.
  2. In the same large pot, melt 1 T butter over medium heat. Add shrimp for 1-2 minutes and then set shrimp aside.
  3. Melt the rest of the butter in the same pot and stir in the cream. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.   

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. I'm going to copy this one to use this summer when I have lots of basil. And shrimp is one of my all time favorites. But it's hard to find good shrimp anymore. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even think it sounds great and I'm not much of a shrimp eater. Like you, I'm saving the recipe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...