Thursday, May 06, 2010

Here and There

I’m here right now, typing this, “talking” to you. I’ll be here as I post this on Blogger.

Then…I’m there. Depending on when you read this, I’m either on a plane or in a car or in a hotel. I’m off to Albuquerque, New Mexico, for a conference. Unfortunately, not a writing or publishing conference. The good news is that since it’s not, I’ll have time to write and blog and edit.

Here’s what’s happening with me on those three subjects.

Blogging - I try to focus on writing and publishing (that includes hosting authors or others who talk about those subjects). Occasionally, I veer off (like today), but not often.

Writing - I’m currently ripping apart an old manuscript. It languished for a long time before my head accepted that it needed to be torn up, rearranged, cut, added to, and resurrected. I’ve done the torn up, cut and rearranged phases. I’m in the “added to” phase right now. Then I’ll probably rinse and repeat.

Editing - I have a client who has a fabulous manuscript. We’re already been through editing. She now has two agents who want the full manuscript, so she’s sent it back to me for a quick read-through. I’m doing that now. I’ve read the manuscript probably five times now and I still love it.

So, that’s me. If you live between central Texas and Albuquerque and a chill tickles up your spine this morning, that’s me, waving.

What are you doing today? Anything writing-related?
TweetIt from HubSpot

15 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Helen.
    And I'm brainstorming ideas for my next project. Even blogged about it today as I'm a little stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to be blogging over at my publisher's short story blogsite, http://echelonpressshorts.wordpress.com/, but I'm having trouble coming up with a good topic. I just finished editing (sort of) my latest manuscript and sent it back for round two. I'm also doing a re-edit of my first novel, which was never really edited properly, so it can be re-issued with a better cover and etc. I've also got another novel, and a slew of short stories in the works, and my job is in the writing of computer code.

    So yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you diverge from your regular subjects from time to time.
    Don't you get tired of it when you read the same manuscript for the 5th time?

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Author guy-you are really busy!
    All-forgive typos. I'm at airport outside trying to finger type on iPhone without glasses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your trip goes well! The book you're editing sounds fantastic.

    I'm doing some writing related stuff, as well as visiting with some visiting family. Then it's off to my daughter's play tonight!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  6. *waving back* I hope you have a great trip!

    I'm trying to prioritize my writing right now and sandwich in more reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Rinse and repeat"...love it. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm writing a few blog posts for scheduler, and finishing up a proposal I've been working on. Best wishes on your client's manuscript, the agent requests sound promising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening! I'm editing a short story submission that is very close to deadline! No change there, then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go visit Old Town for me when you're in ABQ! I lived there four years and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Good Grief, I'm having a duh moment here. I just realized you were a freelance editor reading this post. So often I see faces (profile pictures) and names I recognize, having never read descriptions. In any case I learned something new about you today. *Face palm* (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had a good writing day. Made a few changes in my manuscript I have to get back to my editor by the weekend.
    Set up a booksigning, and made two contacts for to be interviewed on blogs. Feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Travel safely! You're a busy lady :)

    I'm at the reducing stage. I have to go back in and add some stuff afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonne rue, Helen! Hope you have lots of time to write and edit and blog.

    I'm just about finished my first blog, Face Time.

    I think I'm going to start a new blog about consumerism - how I used it as a remedy, how it's prescribed as a treatment by every salesman in the world, and how we've somehow gotten to the point where we're not even getting good quality products or service anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not doing anything writing related right now, except trying to finish this blog series on characters. It's been a ton of fun, but took a lot of time as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...