Miriam S. Forster gave me the Happy 101 Award. Clearly, she has not seen me when I first wake up in the mornings.
The rules are that I have to tell ten things that make me happy and then choose five other people for the award.
First, the happy things:
1. Hot coffee in a big mug in the morning. My hands are always freezing, so I hold the mug with both hands and sip it slowly.
2. My daughter. She lives far away, so when she comes home it’s such a treat.
3. My son. Not only is he a sweetheart, he’s good with computers. When I’m at my wit’s end about a Security alert that will not go away, will not fix itself or tell me what to do, and is screwing up everything on my computer, he stops it with a few clicks.
4. My husband. He wakes up around 4 a.m., lets me sleep, then when I get up, he leaves his desk and joins me for coffee in the living room.
5. The Irregulars. This group of writer friends is loving, supportive, funny, and beautiful. At our get-together this past week, we did a kazoo concert.
6. My office. The walls are blue. The ceiling is yellow. There’s an 8 foot by 5 foot bulletin board on one wall, and a closet library. And a door I can close when it gets noisy.
7. Traveling. I love to go places. I just wish I could pack as compactly as my husband, who can go for a week without having to check a bag.
8. Texas heat. I am not a person who likes the cold, except to visit and leave. Even on the 105 degree days, I still like the heat. I look at it out my window and smile.
9. Bluebonnets. They’re starting to bloom and it looks like they’ll be plentiful because of all the rain we’ve had lately. There’s nothing more beautiful than a field of bluebonnets.
10. Seeing my published books on the shelf in the living room.
So…here are five people I pass the award on to:
1. Morgan Mandel
2. Sylvia Dickey Smith
3. D. Lynn Frazier
4. Maryann Miller
To those five and to everyone else, be happy today and everyday!
5 months ago