Patricia Stoltey gave me the “Lesa’s (Bald Faced Liar) “Creative Writer” Blogger Award. Patricia is the author of The Desert Hedge Murders and The Prairie Grass Murders.
I am honored to receive such an award, but wonder, since accepting this award means I must lie to all of you, does Patricia think I’m a liar or a creative writer? Hmm….
The rules are fairly simple. Recipients must -
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (√)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (√)
3. Link to the person who nominated you. (√)
4. Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth. (This is the hard one.)
5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true. (√)
6. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies. (Gonna do this first.)
7. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate. (√)
8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. (Will do.)
So let’s start by nominating 7 other Creative Writers. (If you’ve already received this award, then I’m not the only one who thinks you might be a great liar, I mean, writer. You can pass it on or not, play the lying game or not. It’s up to you.)
1. Marvin Wilson at The Old Silly
2. Alex J. Cavanaugh at Alex J. Cavanaugh
3. Simon Hay Soul Healer at The Healing Blog (incidentally, I’m nominating Simon because, frankly, I don’t believe he can lie, at all)
4. Maryann Miller at It’s Not All Gravy
5. Conda V. Douglas at Conda’s Creative Center - Tips, Hints & Secrets
6. Terri Tiffany of Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer
7. Liza of Middle Passages
Now for 6 things about me:
1. I used to teach college level public speaking. One of my students gave his “How-To” speech on How to Do an Autopsy, complete with slides.
2. I’ve been an extra in three movies.
3. I have sat on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea.
4. When I was in high school, I was the President of the VOE (Vocational Office Education) club.
5. I don’t remember the name of my fifth step-father.
6. While in college, I once went home and discovered my mother had moved and forgotten to tell me she was moving or where she went. There was nothing left but the steps that used to lead up to her trailer.
Now, the question is: Did I lie six times? If so, which one is the truth? Or did I lie only once and gave you six truths?
2 weeks ago