In case you’re wondering what publishers look for when hiring freelance editors, here’s the article’s author Mary James’ list of the qualities an applicant should have:
1. You can adhere to tight deadlinesIf you want to see what she said about each of these points, click over to the article. Maybe you qualify.
2. You know your target market inside out
3. You're easy to work with
4. Your communication skills, particularly over the phone, are second to none
5. You provide value for money
6. You guarantee high levels of confidentiality