List at least five things you do to support and spread a love of the written word, then tag five people. (If you list something that touches youngsters, you get a bonus letter!)Here goes:
1. Every week I send out a free e-newsletter to writers across the globe. It includes publishing news, contests, conferences or other events, and links.
2. Every day I post here on Straight From Hel. I talk about writing, editing, publishing and just about anything having to do with books.
3. Each year I volunteer for the Bess Whitehead Scott Scholarship Fund. This Journalism Scholarship is given out each year to a junior or senior university student.
4. Each year I volunteer at the Texas Book Festival. The Festival has lots of children’s authors, readings, and events, as well as events for adults.
5. Although I haven’t done it recently, I used to go to local libraries and work with kids on writing mystery. It was always great fun.
Okay, now I’m tagging 5 others.
1. Jean Henry Mead
2. Gwyn Ramsey
3. Katie Hines
4. Christine Verstraete
5. Lauri Kubuitsile
Remember to visit these five people and Heidi, as well.
Thanks for thinking of me, Heidi.