Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fake Book High on Amazon Seller List

Have you seen the movie Sex and the City? I haven’t. I rarely watched the series (I can’t get cable where I live), although I’ve seen one or two reruns that are now on network TV.

But apparently if you’ve seen the movie, then you’ve seen the book “Love Letters of Great Men,” which is figured into the movie – Carrie Bradshaw reads it while in bed with Mr. Big.

Fans of the movie are trying to find the book. Trouble is, the book doesn’t actually exist. According to CBS News,
The closest text in the real world apparently is "Love Letters of Great Men and Women: From the Eighteenth Century to the Present Day," first released in the 1920s and reissued last year ...

So now fans are buying that book – buying a real book since they can’t find the movie prop one.

And now it’s ranked, according to CBS News, number 134 on Amazon.

Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...