Friday, September 21, 2007

300 Posts About Writing!

Woo-hoo, let the confetti drop. This is post number 300. And they said it’d never happen.

Actually, the only one who said that was my dog and I don’t speak fluent dogese, so she might have actually said, “Give me a treat. Now.”

I meant to make note on the date when Straight From Hel turned one year old. But I forgot. That would have been one month ago in mid August when I was about to leave on my trip to Montana and Wyoming, so it slipped through the cracks.

The good news is that this blog has not slipped through the cracks. I’m still here and you’re still here. Thank you to everyone who has contributed and commented. Some of you have commented here on Straight From Hel; some have emailed me personally. Either way, I appreciate your support.

I’m going to try to do more author interviews in the future. Not only do I like hearing what authors have to say, I think others do, too. I’ll start putting out feelers to authors I know. But I’m open to those of you out in cyberland who are writers and would like to contribute to Straight From Hel either as an interviewer or interviewee. Email me or comment here.

And if there’s something you’d like to see on the blog, let me know. I’m open to all ideas. Well, maybe not all. I do get some strange spam in my ebox.

But here we go … we’ve passed the 300 mark. On to 500!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Helen! That's quite a milestone, not to mention a wonderful gift to all us writers who have benefitted from reading those 300 posts. Here's to the next 300!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your achievement, Helen, and thanks for all the great advice and information you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Over the past year, I've learned that blogging is a big commitment. On the other hand, you meet a lot of great people -- those who stop by your blog and those who are also out there blogging. The Internet is truly revolutionary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,

    Congrats. Blogging can be addictive, can't it? I'm doing more of it than I ever imagined I would/could.

    I'd like you to consider me to interview for your blog--I'm the president of SPAWN (Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network) www.spawn.org. I'm also a full-time career writer of over 30 years and the author of 27 books--10 of them related to writing/publishing. More about me at www.matilijapress.com. Let me know if you'd like to conduct an interview.

    Thanks,
    Patricia Fry

    ReplyDelete
  5. H Patricia.

    Most definitely would like to do an interview with you. I'm sure you have a ton of valuable insight and information to share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just discovered your blog today and it looks terrific. Good to see that you're celebrating an anniversary. (Usually, I discover interesting blogs on their "I need more time for my dog, so this blog is now closed. Thanks for reading!" post.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh Rob! And welcome. Come by often and add comments or suggestions whenever you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will do! It looks like I've got some interesting reading in your archives, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...