Monday, March 19, 2007

What I'm Reading

I’ve started reading Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross. One thing I should note is that it’s not a cozy mystery, as I thought. When I went to the bookstore where I had it on hold, I went looking for Ross’s other books in the series. They weren’t on the mystery aisles. I found them under fiction.

I was told they’re funny. So far, this one is not. But, to be fair, I was told the books after the first one were funnier than the first. Not to say they’re bad. This one is good. A strong southern voice with a very uptight lead character. So uptight that you know she will change as the book goes along.

The first major turning point happened in the first chapter – that event that changes the lead’s life and sends her off on a path she never expected. What she does from this point will reveal her true character – both to the reader and to herself, I suspect.

It’s an easy read and I’m looking forward to taking the journey with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...