Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Websites and Workshops

This week has been really frustrating for me. Over the weekend I lost email, then yesterday, my website disappeared. I’ve tried everything I know how to do to bring it back up. If I knew how to delete the current site and put up a new one, I’d do that. My next choice is to change hosts to one that has tech support.

So, the last couple of days have been consumed with reading Dummies books and manuals, searching Help, and banging my forehead on the keyboard.

Isn’t it amazing how we can get distracted from what needs to be done? My to-do list has gone by the wayside. And I’ve got nothing to show for it.

I think I have to set the website aside for today, let my boil drop to a simmer, and work on other projects.

I’ve heard from some of you that you had trouble finding out more about the workshop, The Synopsis: Four Steps to the Ultimate SALES Tool, I’m doing in Bedford (near Dallas/Ft.Worth) on March 24. Apparently the link I gave proved troublesome for some folks. If you’re having a problem, go to the North Texas Professional Writers Association home page (http://www.ntpwa.org) and click “visitors.” That’ll take you to the page about my workshop.

For those of you who live more toward southeast Texas, it looks like I’ll be doing the Synopsis workshop in College Station in May. I’ll give details about that when it becomes definite.

And if you’re knowledgeable in Dreamweaver, email me. Oh wait, I can’t get email, at least not through my domain. Email me at mermaidhel@gmail.com. But you’ll have to speak English. I went to the Dreamweaver Forum and discovered that I don’t speak tech and they guys there are so advanced they don’t speak bumbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...