Saturday, February 24, 2007

On My Reading Table

Here’s what I’m reading right now: The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield.

The book was recommended by someone I met at a recent book signing. The woman was saying what a change it made in her life and way of thinking. So, the other day when I was locked out of the house, I went to a local Barnes & Noble and found it. Just locating it in the story was an adventure.

I keep a list of recommended books in my PDA and I remembered adding this one to the list. Problem was, I had my PDA with me, but hadn’t synchronized my PDA with my computer, so I had to try to remember the book -- which I couldn’t. But I did remember the author’s last name. That didn’t help a whole lot since Jack Canfield is the same Jack Canfield who is the co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. He’s written lots of books. But with the help of a persistent bookseller at B&N, I found it.

I’m only on page 78, but I can see why the woman liked it so much. It’s very inspiring (it is by the Chicken Soup for the Soul guy, after all). Some of the stuff is new, some of it you may already know. But he inspires you to actually start the process of changing your actions and way of thinking.

Still got a long way to go on the book. It’s one of those I can’t lend to anyone else. I’m doing too much highlighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...