Thursday, December 14, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

My husband and I are back home after our trip through the south. The last few days were not what we expected. We had thought the last two days would be relaxing and fun. Didn’t turn out that way.

Earlier in our trip, while in South Carolina, Dave had spent the better part of two days giving talks. After we left there, we went to Mississippi to see relatives, then on to New Orleans. Monday morning he woke up not feeling well. Shortly thereafter he got a call letting him know several of the group he spoke to on Saturday were down sick.

We did a walk through the Quarter in the morning and that was it for him. He hit the bed and didn’t get up until he forced himself on the plane home the next day. It’s Thursday and he’s still in bed. The flu has hit and hit hard. I’m hoping I don’t catch it, but am doubtful.

So for the last two days I’ve been crazy woman trying to catch up on Christmas. With the trip and a day spent either at the doctor’s or in the incredibly long lines at the pharmacy, I am so far behind.

I was scheduled for four hours of wrapping for the Bess Whitehead Scott Scholarship Fund today. I cancelled because, although I do not feel sick at all, I was afraid it might be coming and I’d expose others. Thank you, thank you to my friend Sally who so generously agreed to take my place. Now, that’s a true friend who will drop what she’s doing less than two weeks before Christmas and do volunteer work in your stead.

Despite those last days, the trip was fun. Loved Charleston. Had a nice time in Mississippi. Glad I got to see firsthand the devastation still evident in New Orleans. And thankful I got to drive by my childhood home in Atlanta.

Sorry I missed parties with good friends. My apologies to all who won’t get cards from us this year. I hope they will all read this blog and know how much I appreciate them and send my love and best wishes. Hopefully tomorrow I can tell you about the trip to my old home in Smyrna, Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...