Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Siteless

Currently, for the first time in years, I’m siteless.

Because of spotty support and overwhelming spam (with no spam filters), I’ve been trying to move my site to a new host. I started on November 6th trying to get the site re-pointed to a new host. Emailing, calling, checking constantly. Finally, today, something happened. My old site disappeared.

Problem is, the new site did not appear. There’s now a white screen telling visitors no site is available.

I’ve put an email into the new host asking about the new site. I’m hoping she can check her end and see if I’ve made a mistake somewhere or if she perhaps has to trigger something at her end.

So, I can’t say for sure when the new site will be up, especially since tomorrow is a holiday. When it goes up, I’ll announce it here and in the newsletter. It’ll be a big change. Different look, different colors, more pictures and way fewer pages. I’ve cut it from about fifty pages to seven.

After a little over two weeks of struggling with the move, I’m excited things are happening. I wish it had been a smooth transition, of course, but at least things look promising.

Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving and perhaps by the time you’re through eating and have slept off the turkey, I won’t be siteless and you can have a look at the new helenginger.com. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...