Saturday, October 28, 2006

Happy Festival Everyone!

Don’t have much time this morning, but not sure if I’ll feel like blogging this evening. So, here’s a quickie.

The Texas Book Festival has been going on for a couple of days now with the preliminary stuff like the Gala. But today starts the main festival, including two days of events at the Austin Museum of Art. That’s me.

So this morning I’m off. First I have to go to Whole Foods and pick up the tray of food for the green room, that’s our staging area for the artists and authors. Then I race to the museum to set up and get everything ready. Before it all starts, I’ll have to go up to the capital area in order to get t-shirts for the authors. I have the ones for the volunteers ready with their nametags attached (boy, were those difficult to make for some reason – the name tags, not the shirts). Then it’s a full day, non-stop, of talks, slide shows and signings.

Wish I could wear my crocs, but I’ll have to wear regular shoes. Bleh. On the other hand, I get to meet some fabulous volunteers and some great authors. Yea!

If you stop in, say “hi” and tell the volunteers what a great job they’re doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...